- Fiqh of Death is wonderful. Take it! :) I’m so glad I made the decision to go alhumdulillah, it’s really an eye-opener. My favorite part so far was the questionare. May Allah bless the poor slave of Allah and reward him abundantly.
- I think I might start working at my local Saturday school inshaAllah. I’m kind of nervous but super excited too. I’ve never taught kids before except for the occasional substitute teaching but this should be interesting.
- I start my internship tomorrow with seniors. Again, lots of mixed feelings about this but I’m so ready to jump into something different.
- Ammi had a surgery last week so we went to the same hospital where all of Abbu’s procedures happened. SubhanAllah, I went back to the same waiting room, lounge, and chapel area Ayesha and I used to be in at least 3 days a week for 2 and a half years. The feelings inside me when we went back were so unusual//indescribable. Just four years ago, I was sitting in those rooms, doing AP World History homework, crying profusely at the thought of losing him, and now… everything is .. normal? I don’t know. Someone once shared with me a beautiful saying of Imam Ash-Shafi’ee that Allah can change the state of a person within a blink of an eye. How true it is. Funny thing, we actually moved to the house we’re in now so we’de be closer to the hospital for Abbu’s procedures, and ever since we came.. he hasn’t gone more than a few times! Alhumdulillah.
- I want to do my cybernetics paper on the homeostatic nature of the criminal justice system.. but that’s too broad, I need to narrow it asap. ideas?
- I went to the GYM!!!! Yess, I did =D T It’s a great way to clear your mind, do dhikr, or just get away from school work for a bit. I usually do about an hour and a half of cardio which is good cuz I don’t really need to lose weight lol :p any time I see friends after a while, all I hear is “Kuch khaya karo!”
- 3 of my closest friends are getting married within three weeks in May. I need to start planning. Two of them will be in the same city after they move inshaAllah
- I’m really excited for Islam Awareness Week this year. .. mostly because I’m helping to plan it. We’ve got a pretty solid lineup alhumdulillah and anyone who attends all the classes will inshaAllah, leave with all the ingredients of what makes a Muslim. Although… I really wish we would move towards more academic events, I feel like we mostly focus on the ‘feel good’ types of lectures.. which is great mashaAllah, and it’s safe too, but I’d really like to move beyond that. I hold the minority opinion in this case. btw, if you’re into academic Islamic discussions, check out Dr. Jonathan Brown of Georgetown University. He’s practically a Muhaddith and he looks like Todd Dempsey from Outsourced.. not even kidding. I attended his talk at my school and it was great mashaAllah. I think he spoke at Ilm Summit too.. so double points :)
- I need to set some time out to prioritize things.. there’s just so much to do! MSA, Sat. School, PMP, Tablet, Al Huda, Al Maghrib, School!, Internships, Family, Life, Personal life… it’s a lot to take on all at once. I don’t know what makes me so confident in the idea that I can do it all. Sometimes, you can’t, and I think I might be in denial about that. Ayudame
- There’s probably a lot more stuff that will come to mind after I hit publish. Always happens, I might update, might not. but I’m tired. pray, sleep, read, eat, work, rinse, repeat.
Okay, I’m done.