I have an interview coming up, and just my luck.. the director is a dude. Which is totally fine and all, I’m actually cool with it because men supervisors are so much more chill than women supervisors. I just always find myself having to think through the handshake dilemma. I pray it doesn’t happen again. Du’as please.
I’ve been meaning to write a whole bunch of posts but time is soooo not on my side this semester (or ever!). So here’s a quick list of what I’ve been drafting (not in any particular order). If Allah wills, these posts will get published before I die :)
- Da’wah and the Trans-theoretical stages of change
- Ibrahim ‘alayhis salaam’s du’a versus Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
- Emotional Trauma: the what’s, how’s, and why’s.
- Book Suggestions (from me to you :))
- 5 Book reviews from a class I took last semester
- Abwaab al khair–doors of good
- Tafseer of Ayah 152 of Surah al Baqarah
- Religious people having not-so-religious weddings
- Muslims who choose to live in bubbles and then complain about society
- Ways to reduce stress
- Concern and Satisfaction
- If I could give a khutba…
- Signs of Nifaq
- Establishing the concept of Ihsan early on (kids)
- The effects of overzealous volunteering: symptoms, warning signs, and solutions
- Islamic Schools: Suggestions for improvement
- Reflections on Surah At-Takathur, Surah Al Mu’minoon, Surah al Fajr, Surah al Hujurat, the wisdom of al Khidr, and a few particular names of Allah ‘azzawajal.
- Importance of lowering our voices
- Psychology of riot police forces