- Dear person, please stop being difficult, I don’t have time to deal with it. k, thanks.
- I need two synonyms. One for ‘awesome’ and one for ‘cool’
- I made a new quotes journal! It’s pretty. :) Will post pics soon.
- My friend writes for Muslim Matters and today she asked me if I wanted to write for them. …I was like, uhh…Jazakillah khair but I’m not even remotely qualified to write for MM lol. Maybe if I can think of an iman-lifiting series to work on, I may consider it.
- Always remember that when anyone praises you… in reality they are praising Allah’s ability to cover your sins and beautify whatever you do.
- I really like this reciter mashaAllah: Surah Qiyamah
- Every Summer I make a list of goals and I usually end up accomplishing at least half of them..but this Summer’s different. Most of the free time I have is used up in helping Aminah check off her goals so that leaves little time for me to pursue my own. khair, it’ll pay off inshaAllah.
- All my friends are moving away, and if they haven’t moved yet, they’ll be leaving in the next few months. sigh.
- 37-ish days till Ramadan inshaAllah! MR has left the blogging world so his annual Qur’an completion competition won’t be happening. I want to create a simple google docs spreadsheet for the MSA sisters so we can all finish the Qur’an together in Ramadan, it won’t be as exciting as watching the green bars go up like on MR’s blog but it should work fine inshaAllah.
- Ayah of the Day: “And keep yourself patient [by being] with those who call upon their Lord in the morning and the evening, seeking His countenance. And let not your eyes pass beyond them, desiring adornments of the wordly life, and do not obey one whose heart We have made heedless of Our remembrance and who follows his desire and whose affair is ever in neglect.” [18:28]
- In times like these when everyone is way too fond of themselves, this is an important du’a to remember. Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) supplicated: “O Allah! Keep me alive as a Miskeen; let me die a Miskeen and raise me up ( in Qiyaamah) in the assembly of the Masaakeen.” Ameen.