My friend tagged me so here are some random things I’m supposed to share. :)
- I think about Muslim prisoners almost every day, if not every few hours
- My favorite dhikr is “Ya Rabbi lakal Hamdu kama Yambaghi lijalali wajhika wa adheemika sultanik” and “SubhanAllah adada khalqihi”
- I love spanish food and culture. Too bad my spanish sucks these days. 4 years of trying to please my spanish teacher with my awesome accent gone to waste. Fail. Though I still think Che Guevara was a G.
- I’m nomadic. I rarely sleep or eat or work in one place for an entire week. The whole house is my room. :)
- I seriously think I have a water fountain hidden behind my eyes or something.
- TED.com is amazing.
- I love long drives when I’m alone. If I was just as reflective in Salah as I am in the car, attaining khushoo’ would be so much easier.
- Every once in a while, I like to sit and just think about nothing. It’s actually very difficult, because I have a hard time telling my brain to stop thinking. You should try it too. I call it ‘A Moment of Nothingness’.
- I have a weird obsession with office supplies. Post-it notes, pens, erasers, tabs, markers, highlighters, white-out, organizers, planners, calendars, notebooks, journals, paperclips, swirly chairs… there’s just so much to choose from!
- Chocolate can make me get over just about anything. Sad. I know.
- When I was about 10, I had a collection of water guns that I used regularly to ‘play’ with my younger sister. >:)
- Running clears my mind.
- Salah Bukhatir is my favorite reciter.
- I spend WAYYYY too much time on homeschooling blogs.