The AHS exam is tomorrow, and like everything else in my life, i procrastinated =p. Some things that stood out to me as I was going through my notes.
Some of the Causes of the Punishment of the Grave: (Taken from Hadeeth of Samura ibn Jundug)
- Hypocrisy (lowest level of Jahannam)
- Not taking care to avoid getting urine on oneself and spreading malicious gossip among people.
- Sleeping and Missing Obligatory prayers
- Neglecting the Quran
- Eating Haraam
Signs of Good Ending:
- The person dies saying the Shahadah
- Dying while having sweat on his forehead
- Dying on the day/night of Friday
- Dying of plague- It is Martyrdom:
- Dies of Abdominal disease
- Buried Alive & Dies
- Dies in the Cause of Allah
- Dying from a plague
- Crushed by a wall
- Dying burned
- Dying while giving birth (Imam Ahmed, Abu Dawood)
- Dying defending your religion (By Abdullah Ibn Umar, Bukhari, Muslim)
- Dying defending your wealth
- Dying while doing a righteous Deed
Two people who will get their punishment in dunya before Akhirah:
- Those who are unkind/disrespectful/neglectful towards their parents: Allah will give them kids who will treat them the same way they treated their parents.
- Adultery: Allah will give them a spouse who did the same. (Surah Nur).
The Punishment for sin is lifted from a person by means of:
- Repentance, disasters or calamities that efface the sins
- Expiation in the world of the Barzakh (world of the grave)
- Expiation in the land of the Ma’shar (Land of reckoning)
- Expiation in the Hellfire
How to check your heart:
- When you listen to the Quran, Does your Heart shake?
- When you are isolated, Does your Heart shake? (from contemplating Allah’s creation)
- Gathering of Ilm, Does your Heart Shake?
** If NOT, then YOUR HEART is DEAD, so ask to be prayed on You- Janazah**
Repentance must meet 5 conditions
- Sincerity to Allah, the Most High
- Remorse for the sin that was
- Ceasing to commit the sin immediately
- Determination to not go back to doing that sin again in the Future
- The Repentance should not occur before the time when its acceptance is terminated, either by death or by the sun rising from the west.
- Identify your values
- Set Your Goals
- Plan Weekly
- ACT Daily
*Ihsaan: You give people more than they deserve and take less from them
*Allah says in the Quran, Do NOT follow the steps of the Shaytaan, Allah Does NOT say “Don’t follow the Shaytaan”