Post number 3 in the Divine Speech Series. This is describing one of the many Quranic oaths. Surah Al-Mursalat.
Allah says in the Quran:
- Wal mursalati urfa–By the winds (or angels or the Messengers of Allah) sent forth one after another.
- Swear by winds that have been released.
- Urf–(the hair on the back of a horse’s neck)
- Allah is comparing winds to WILD horses. The have no saddles, nothing.
- The only way to stop a wild horse is to grab its mane(urf) hair
- Mane of a horse compared to how the wind is held by Allah.
- Tornados, Hurricanes occur when Allah let’s go of the Urf…the winds and let’s them out in their natural state.
- Natural state of horse–mane should be released. Why? Because it is a wild horse.
- Naturally, winds are destruction. But Allah is holding them.
- *SubhanAllah* moment.
- Fal Asifati Asfa–And by the winds that blow violently,
- Destroy everything in their path (winds and horses)
- Ever see footage from a tornado? what do the metal railings look like after it passes through? –like coiled noodles…and we are left to ponder how winds can do such damage.
- Wannashirati Nashraa–And by the winds that scatter clouds and rain;
- Allah swears by winds that distribute thoroughly
- Dtribute CLOUDS
- Winds become a delivery mechanism to maintain life.
- TONE CHANGE.
- Winds are a mercy for life.
- Every grain and every leaf that is transported by the wind was precicly calculated.
- Fal Fariqathi Farqa–And by the Verses (of the Quran) that separate the right from the wrong.
- (the angels) are the ones who descend with Allah’s command to the Messengers
- Separating between the truth and falsehood, guidance and misguidance, and the lawful and the forbidden.
- They bring the revelation to the Messengers,
- Which contains exemption or absolvement for the creatures and a warning for them of Allah’s torment if they oppose His command.
- Fal Mulqiathi dhikra–And by the angels that bring the revelations to the Messengers,
- Humans like wild dogs
- Allah takes away sustenance, water..
- Reminded of our dependence; our vulnerability
- If on the Day of Judgement, you say nobody told me…(excuses), Allah can say, did you feel the wind? Didn’t Allah give you a mind to think with?
- Anyone who claims to have intelligence, must have noticed the countless signs of Allah.
- Uthran ow Nuthra–To cut off all excuses or to warn;
- Wind is enough as a message for you
- Take the reminder.
- Innama Tuadoona Lawaqih–Surely, what you are promised must come to pass.
- Allah does not need to do anything but let go of the reigns of the winds to destroy you. (Nations before you have been destroyed this way)
- Whatever you have been promised all along is bound to occur…and the proof of that is wind.
Now would be a good time to thank Allah for that breeze we feel and rarely think twice about.